Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Itsa...wednesday? Really?

So, it's been a goooooood long while since I posted here, and I don't know how many are reading this, but here it is nonetheless!

Things have been going steady here-I've been way more busy with the drumline than I thought I would(even though I knew this would happen), and it's starting to cut into my practice time way more than I want it to(again, saw this coming). It's hard-this assistantship is the reason I'm here, yet it's intereferring with what I want to do here...sounds crazy, right? But, I wouldn't trade it for the world, cept the fact that Nikki isn't here yet. More on that later.

Recently starting reading a really good book about how social networking can really affect how your career runs. I've always kinda known this and heard it in the business classes I took in undergrad, but now that the big 'job search' is coming upon me quicker every day, it's about time I really start to get my name cemented and out there. So, I joined up with twitter, I'm going to revamp my facebook, and per the suggestion of Dr. Burritt(my percussion prof), I'm going to start a blog. Not a blog about daily stuff and what not(that's what I have this one for!), but about percussion and education and the like. I'm working out the details in my head still, but I want to run it in the direction of a discussion between young educators of my generation, who've yet to get that first teaching job, but need a place to start getting their ideas out there, or to bounce ideas off other people. Again, all early thoughts, but I'm excited about where it could lead(hopefully I'll actually do it!)

Aside from that, the only big bummer right now is the lack of Nikki being here. Chicago the past few years was hard, but at least we were able to see each other on a monthly basis. The next time I see her, it'll have been close to 3 months. 3 MONTHS. Crazy long amount of time to go without seeing someone you. I think that we've done good so far, but as of late it's started to get really hard. This last month here needs to fly by, or else we may go crazy! But, once I get home, I have a feeling that it will shape up to be a very memorable visit :)

That's all I got for now...time for class, then practice/rehearsal all day. No marching band today, so I'ma catch up on stuff, and with Doc out of town at PASIC, I'm gonna practice in his office the next few days. Score.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment